Home . What is Leeds City Region? . Local Enterprise Partnership
The LEP’s main aim is to overcome barriers to private sector growth and create more opportunities for businesses to develop and provide jobs.
The Board oversees work on:
Current work includes:
The LEP Board brings together business and local authority leaders. It is chaired by an independent private sector Chair.
• Neil McLean - DLA Piper (Chair)
• John Parkin - Chief Executive, Leeds Bradford International Airport
• Mark Ridgway - Managing Director, Group Rhodes
• Stephanie Burras - Chief Executive, Ahead Partnership
• Paul Hamer - Chief Executive Officer, WYG
• Professor Bob Cryan - Vice-Chancellor, University of Huddersfield
• Stephen Harris - Area Director, Lloyds Banking Group
• Rashik Parmar - President, IBM Academy of Technology
• Simon Spencer - Managing Director, BorgWarner UK
• Cllr Tim Swift - Calderdale Council (Deputy Chair)
• Cllr Keith Wakefield - Leeds City Council
• Cllr David Green - Bradford Metropolitan District Council
• Cllr Mehboob Khan - Kirklees Council
• Cllr Peter Box - Wakefield Council
• Cllr James Alexander - City of York Council
• Cllr John Weighell - North Yorkshire County Council
• Cllr Anthony Alton - Harrogate Borough Council
LEP Board meetings are held in private. Minutes will be published here after they have been approved by the Board at the following meeting.
You may download the minutes of meetings held over the past 12 months by clicking on the links below. If you would like to see minutes from a previous year, please contact us